DEATH AND LIFE ARE IN THE POWER OF THE TONGUE:
Prov 18:21: Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
John 6:63: It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
David prayed in Ps 141:34: Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.4 Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to practice wicked works with men that work iniquity: and let me not eat of their dainties.
• David knew the heart was the key to words we speak
• What we fill our minds with is going to drop down into the heart
• And soon come out of our mouths
Matthew 15:11: Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
JESUS WANTS TO HELP US WITH THE WORDS WE SPEAK
• If we allow Him
Romans 12:2: And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God
• Renewing the mind through the Bible
• Our words will be Sweeter and Holier
Galatians 5:22-23: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
• This is one of our goals
• Reflecting His fruit in our daily lives
• The Lord will meet us day by day as we seek Him
THE TONGUE IS ONE AREA WE ALL CAN COME UP A NOTCH OR TWO
The Bible says to Christians: .. he walketh about seeking whom he MAY devour.. But that scripture goes on to say: we must resist him steadfast in the faith… 1 Peter 5:8
James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell. (some of the things we say may come straight out of hell)
Prov 6:16 :These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Proverbs 20:19 He that goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets: therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips.
• People in general love to hear or read about what is going on in someone else’s life
• The root of gossip is negativity, judgment, slander, etc.
• Don’t take gossip into your spirit. It is poison to the spirit.
• The Fire of Gossip has even caused some believers to leave their churches
• Fall away from God
• Just because some believers may refuse to control their tongues
Proverbs 26:20-21: Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth .21 As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife.
Be responsible with the things of God. -Amen PTL.
Give your heart to Jesus today by saying this prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Please forgive me. Come into my life. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Please, help me to live for you the rest of this life. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray.