VICTORY OVER OBSESSIONS WITH THE WORD OF GOD
THE LORD WANTS TO BREAK UP OUR FALLOW GROUND
Fallow Ground Meaning:
• Farmers plow the land and allow to lie fallow for a season (without planting) that it might become more fruitful;
• but when in this condition, it soon became overgrown with thorns and weeds.
• The cultivator of the soil was careful to “break up” his fallow ground, i.e., to clear the field of weeds, before sowing seed in it.
• We are to Break up our fallow ground and clear the field of weeds
• The Holy Spirit searches our heart and convicts of sin
o Such as unforgiveness, speaking curses instead of blessings
Matt 3:8: Bring forth, therefore, fruits meet (not meat we eat) for repentance:
• Not just say we are sorry for sin but truly seek the Lord to change
• Even by an act of our will, we can change
• Just as a tree does not produce fruit overnight
• A Christian does not fully repent overnight and change overnight.
• Sometimes healing has to take place
• It is a lifelong process of making changes,
• overtime we will produce the fruit of the Spirit MORE CONSISTENTLY than the works of the flesh.
Hosea 10:12: Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.
Jeremiah 4:3 For thus saith the Lord to the men of Judah and Jerusalem, Break up your fallow ground and sow not among thorns.
We want to look at VICTORY OVER OBSESSIONS WITH THE WORD OF GOD
One of the Three forms of Demonic activity: Oppression, Obsession, and Possession
Obsession: Obsession (obsessed, obsessive and obsess): the state of being obsessed with someone or something. an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person’s mind.
The term obsession refers to images, ideas, or words that force themselves into the subject’s consciousness against their will, and which momentarily deprive them of the ability to think and sometimes even to act.
• American people suffer so much with OBSESSIONS
Some of the Top ones in America are:
Money, Entertainment, Knowledge/Gossip, Hobbies, People, Family Members, Our Ego, Sex,
• everybody has something that means so much to them that if it were to disappear tomorrow
• the void would seem so large that they would instantly
• fall into despair not knowing how to deal with the loss.
These Obsessions can affect how the Word of God is received in our lives
• Those Obsessions and actually choke out the Word in our lives
• They can take priority over the Word of God in our lives
LET’S LOOK AT THE SEED OF THE SOWER IN:
LUKE 8:4-15: 4 And when much people were gathered together, and were come to him out of every city, he spake by a parable:5 A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the wayside; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.6 And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up with it and choked it.8 And other fell on good ground and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear. 9 And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be? 10 And he said, Unto you, it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.12 Those by the wayside are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.
Give your heart to Jesus today by saying this prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Please forgive me. Come into my life. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Now, help me to live for you the rest of this life. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray.