I John 4:6: We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
Isa 26:3: Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
WHAT OCCUPIES YOUR MIND THE MOST ?
Last week we talked about thirsting for God
We also talked about a thirst for knowledge
• As Christians should be careful of what we put in the mind
• Lead us down the wrong pathways
• A head-on collision with:
o Error and False doctrines, conspiracy theories,
o Conspiracies mixed with religion
o Can become and addiction
o And others
• Lead to Spiritual Contamination:
o Contamination is the action or state of making or being made impure by polluting or poisoning. (drinking water, atmosphere, food)
o Wrong information can contaminate your entire being (Body soul and spirit)
• Are we protecting our Body, soul, and spirit?
AS A CHRISTIAN SIN BEGINS IN OUR THOUGHT LIFE
GOD GOES THROUGH THE MIND TO GET TO OUR HEARTS
Jesus said, “Mark 7:20-23 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:23 All these evil things come from within and defile the man.”
• No one commits these outward sins without first having committed them
• in his mind.
• If we want to grow in godliness,
• we must win the battle
• over sin on the thought level.
WE SHOULD DEVELOP A CHRISTIAN THOUGHT LIFE
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
• This scripture is not talking about “Positive Thinking”
• written by the author of “THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING”
• This author was a universalist:
o and believed that everyone is going to heaven if they believe in a god, and have some redeeming value
o which is just about everyone.
• The Bible is but not all Positive: Talks about Heaven Hell, SIN (The wages but the Gift of God)
• The Truth is: We cannot overcome the evils of this world,
• or even the evil in our hearts, in our strength.
APART FROM CHRIST WE CAN DO NOTHING
John 15:5: I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
ALONGSIDE THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING IS ANOTHER HERESY CALL THE POWER OF POSITIVE CONFESSION
A belief that words have a kind of spiritual, magical power that we can use to get what we want.
- The practice borrows not from biblical truths
- but from a new age concept called the “law of attraction.”
- Which teaches that “like attracts like”— or a positive statement or thought will draw a positive reaction.
- WE CANNOT FORCE GOD TO DO ANYTHING
- GOD DOESN’T WORK FOR US
- GOD’S PLAN FOR OUR LIVES MAY NOT MATCH UP WITH OUR OWN
Isaiah 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Romans 11:33-35 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
WE ARE TO DEVELOP A CHRISTIAN THOUGHT LIFE THAT INCLUDES JESUS CHRIST AS LORD
- Easy to get caught up in ERROR in today’s time
- Conspiracy theories etc
- False doctrines
- Doing “spiritual internet searches” for the latest in spiritual news. (BE CAREFUL AND PRAYERFUL)
2 Corinthians 2:11: Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
2 Corinthians 10:5: Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
- Read the Bible everyday and stand clear of error
- Pray about bouncing from teacher to teacher and website to website
- Error in the Word of God can bring confusion
- Can bring despair and hopelessness
Give your heart to Jesus today by saying this prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Please forgive me. Come into my life. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Please, help me to live for you the rest of this life. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray.