These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also. Paul and Silas in Acts 17:6
HOW DID THE EARLY DISCIPLES TURN THE WORLD UPSIDE DOWN FOR JESUS?
- Through the Power of the Holy Spirit given at the day of Pentecost
- The Apostle Paul knew it was not through good grammar or human wisdom
1 Corinthians 2:1-5: And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.2 For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ and him crucified.3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
- Was not Paul’s fancy preaching or entertaining humor
- Or Paul’s abilities
- Only through the Power of God
- Same with us: Know the Word and be yourself
Paul knew he had weaknesses
- Vs. 3 He said, “I was with you in weakness and with much trembling.”
- Paul knew his physical weaknesses
- Paul needed the Lord to work through Him
- Just like we do!
- Vs.4-5 Paul acknowledged the Holy Spirit’s ability rather than his own
1 Cor 2: 4-5 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
- The Holy Spirit is the one that convicts, convinces, and converts the sinner
- Paul’s job was to proclaim, and the Holy Spirit persuaded
- That is how it works for us (we can’t force anyone to do anything)
THE EARLY CHURCH TURNED THE WORLD UPSIDE DOWN BY PRAYING
- The early church’s response to every problem encountered was prayer
- If we want to turn the world upside down for Jesus
- The Body of Christ has got to start taking personal prayer and the prayer meeting of believers seriously
- The Lord responds to the prayers of His people
Thank you for sending your Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for the forgiveness of my sin. Lord Jesus, please forgive me of all of my sins, come into my heart, and be my Lord and Savior. Please, help me to live for you and fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.
https://youtu.be/KEZVxeNlynQ Powered By EmbedPress Compassion is an attitude grounded in Christian love for others should reflect God’s own love for his people. Compassion is an
There are acceptable and unacceptable reasons for human anger. Scripture warns of the destructive power of anger and advises moderation. Reasons for human anger Jealousy
Due to original sin, being spiritually dead and lacking a relationship with God results in wrath and judgment. The only solution is the sovereign grace