Humanity can’t be good on their own:
• Good works alone will not get us into the Kingdom
• Because of the curse of sin
• Through the first man Adam (scripture reference)
• But Jesus Christ “the second Adam” (reunited us with God)
1 Corinthians 15:45-47: And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.
Also, see Gen 3:15:
Works are not all bad
Heb 6:1: Therefore, leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God”
• Dead works are not necessarily evil works but they cannot save a person
• Many non-Christian organizations feed the poor and help the sick
• Those acts alone cannot reunite them with God
• Only the shed blood of Jesus Christ
Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
• Only through receiving the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ
• And through His Spirit working in us
• Are we able to bring forth that Fruit on our vines
THE POWER TO LIVE A CHRISTIAN WITNESS
• COMES FROM THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD
• Spoken about in Old Testament Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
HOLY SPIRIT CAME UPON THE PEOPLE OF OLD
See – Judges 15:14; 1 Chronicles 12:18; Psalm 51:11; Ezekiel 11:5
We in the New Testament received something BETTER (The Holy Spirit is In US and UPON US.
John 14:17: Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
JESUS GIVEN A NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES
Philippians 2:9-11 : 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
• We are saved through accepting Jesus as our Lord and Saviour
• He was the one that died for us
• The Father God sent His Son
The Holy Spirit descended upon Jesus as a dove
• Jesus was in His earthly body as a man but was still God (John chapter 1:14)
Luke 3:22: And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.