POOR IN SPIRIT IS TO ALLOW THE SPIRIT AND THE WORD OF GOD TO CHANGE US
- He doesn’t do all the work
Romans 12:2: And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- He works with our wills
- It is not our righteousness but His
Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
POOR IN SPIRIT IS BEING COMPLETELY OPEN TO THE WORD OF GOD AND PUTTING OUR TRUST IN HIM
Psalms 119:105: Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”
The Word of God teaches us how to avoid the pull of this world
- Develop a trust in Jesus and the Word
- and seeking His Kingdom and righteousness
- Not riches, fame and praises of man
Luke 11:28: But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
IN THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT
- Matthew chapter 5 vs 3-11
THE BEATTIDUES (means blessedness) I call them the CHRISTIAN ATTITUDES or PATTERNS FOR CHRISTIAN CHARACTER
- A complete change of mind of our old unregenerated person
- The attitudes of the World are complete opposite of being Christlike
- The Beatitudes teach us the nature of the Spirit of Jesus Christ
- Teaches us how the followers of Jesus should be
- Teach us how to truly be Blessed or “Happy” on this earth
- Happiness to the World is money, cars, sex, alcohol, drugs, music and other pleasures
- Which don’t bring real happiness
- Pleasures of sin can bring an excitement or artificial happiness
Matthew 13:22: He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
1 John 2:15-17 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.
Give your heart to Jesus today by saying this prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Please forgive me. Come into my life. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Now, help me to live for you the rest of this life. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray.
THE LORD WANTS TO WORK IN OUR WHOLE BODY, NOT JUST OUR SPIRITS 1 Thessalonians
Isaiah 55:8-9: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,
WE KEEP PRESSING FORWARD AND NOT FAINT. FAINT: TO QUIT, LOSE HEART, GROW WEARY AND
Acts 10:38: How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: