WE WANT TO KEEP OUR SPIRITS OPEN TO THE LORD THROUGH HIS WORD
THE BEATITUDES FROM THE’ SERMON ON THE MOUNT ARE POSITIVE CHARACTER TRAITS FOR THE CHRISTIAN
CHRISTIANS BRING A LOT OF BAGGAGE INTO THE FAITH- ALL ABOUT LIVING AND LEARNING HOW TO BE A CHRISTIAN
MATTHEW 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
• In other words, happy are the Humble or have humility in spirit
• The humble-minded, not self-seeking nor over-confident.
• MORE OF JESUS AND LESS OF US
Humility: is the state of being Humble; freedom from pride and arrogance; a modest estimate of one’s worth.
• We are called upon to be humble followers of Christ and trust in Him
• Not an “I have arrived attitude “
• “I know more than the average Christian”
• “I’ve gained everything I need to gain from the Lord.”
• We are always growing in Christ
• Or stagnate or backslidden
• OR PRIDEFUL
Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Proverbs 3:5: Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding 6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
A SPIRIT OF HUMILITY OR A HUMBLE SPIRIT HAS TO RULE IN OUR LIVES
James 4:10: Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
• Emptied of the things of this world
• Of the flesh
• Unclean and unholy spirits
• Filled with the Spirit of God
Proverbs 16:18-19: Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.”
Colossians 3:12: Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering.
Give your heart to Jesus today by saying this prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Please forgive me. Come into my life. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Now, help me to live for you the rest of this life. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray.