1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so, fight I, not as one that beateth the air:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
WHEN RUNNING IN THE RACE OF LIFE:
PHYSICAL READINESS AND SPIRITUAL READINESS ARE IMPORTANT
• We should not neglect our physical bodies
1 Corinthians 6:19-20: What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
To be effective as Christians, our body, soul, and spirit are essential
- Drink water
- Get a consistent amount of sleep daily
- And eat as healthy as you can
- As you age, these things are more important
- It is never too late to start
- Take care of your whole body, soul, and spirit
- For your spirit man: stay in the Bible and prayer
- So you can run this race (of life) with endurance
SO, WE CAN SAY AS CHRISTIANS:OUR GOAL IN THE LONG DISTANT RUN CALLED “LIFE”
- Is to finish life’s race
- And stand at the judgment seat of Christ
- And receive what the Lord has for us (he has many surprises for us)
One of those prizes is in:
2 Tim 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
THE LORD WANTS US NOT TO BECOME WEARY IN WELL DOING, BUT KEEP RUNNING THE RACE
Galatians 6:9: And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
WEARY: WORN OUT, BURNED OUT, BEATEN, TIRED AND EXHAUSTED
WE GET WEARY DURING:
- Discouragement with life in general
- Financial situations
- Negative People
- Outside and inside pressures
- Stress and Anxiety
- The test of our faith
- Lack of answers to our prayers
YOU MAY BE TEMPTED TO QUIT BUT DON’T QUIT
- Keep running the race: “for in due season, we shall reap, if we faint not.”
- Keep sowing the seed of the Word of God in your heart
- Build your faith
- Keep developing your Christian Character
Ro 5:3-4 : 3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
1 Corinthians 15:57-58 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
• BE STEADFAST: stable, faithful, loyal, fixed, unmovable, firm in what you believe
SEEK TO BE SPIRITUALLY STABLE AND FIRM IN YOUR WALK WITH THE LORD
- Attend to your own spiritual life
- Don’t become overburdened with too many of life’s issues
- Various trials and tribulations
Give your heart to Jesus today by saying this prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Please forgive me. Come into my life. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Please, help me to live for you the rest of this life. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray.