2 Cor 5:16-17: Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 17 Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
TODAY WE WILL LOOK AT THE SANCTIFICATION OF THE SOUL
1 Thess 5:22-24: Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly, and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
JUST LIKE GOD IS THREE PARTS, WE ARE ALSO THREE PARTS: BUT ONE BODY
- Sanctification “Whole and completely”
- 24 said: Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
- God is Faithful.
- And will do His part as we do our part
- He did the Big part
- By sending His Son Jesus Christ-Praise the Lord
WE TALKED ABOUT OUR SPIRIT: LET’S LOOK AT OUR THREE PARTS IN ANOTHER SCRIPTURE
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner (comprehends, analyze, or understand) of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
- The Word of God is what works in us
- To change us from what we use to be
- Sanctifies and makes us Holy unto God
- It is the Power of the Word of God
SOME EXAMPLES OF THESE EMOTIONS ARE IN:
Gen 42:21: 21 And they said one to another, We are verily guilty concerning our brother, in that we saw the anguish of his soul when he besought us, and we would not hear; therefore is this distress come upon us.
- Anguish means: distress, torture, torment, sorrow, pain, or heartache
- This emotion is felt in the soul
Numbers 21:4: And they journeyed from mount Hor by the way of the Red sea, to compass the land of Edom: and the soul of the people was much discouraged because of the way.
- Here discouragement is felt in the soul
I Samuel 30:6: And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God.
- Here we see grief felt in the soul
THEN WE HAVE INTENSE EMOTIONAL RESPONSES LIKE ANGER, TEMPER, AND WRATH
- Yes spirits can play a part in altering our emotions
- Especially in the case of anger, wrath, even discouragement, and despair
- Many Christian have a problem with intense anger and wrath
Colossians 3:8: But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Psalms 37:8 – Cease from anger and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
- Deliverance is not the only answer
- It can help a lot
- But eventually, we must learn how to walk it out
- And live above the spirit of anger, temper, and wrath
- The enemy loves to attack us in our mind as well
- And spirits can attach themselves in these areas
- In your emotions and your mind
OUR THOUGHTS NEED TO BE TAKEN CAPTIVE
2 Corinthians 10:5: Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
- The enemy likes to use our past to torment and control us
- When ungodly thought flood your mind, don’t let them have their way
- Train your spirit man to start speaking to them in the name of Jesus
- Cover your mind with the Blood Jesus
- Take them captive
- Rather than them taking you captive
SANCTIFY AND RENEW OUR MINDS (PART OF OUR SOUL)
- Through the Word of God
John 17:17-20 Sanctify them through they truth: thy word is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so, have I also sent them into the world.19 And for their sakes, I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
Give your heart to Jesus today by saying this prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Please forgive me. Come into my heart and life. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Please, help me to live for you and tell others about you for the rest of this life. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.