1 Corinthians 15:42 :So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption.
Jesus Christ has risen from the dead and we shall also!
- Jesus gave his life freely
- Through the crucifixion of His body
- He became the perfect Lamb of God
- And became the living way back to God
- For those that will believe and receive
- FOR THOSE THAT WILL RECEIVE
- There is a word called ATONE – (redeem, make amends for, make up for,)
- When you separate that word: you get “AT ONE.”
- His sacrifice made us “At One.”
- The Blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ made us “At one” with God again
- Because we were separated from Him because of the sin of one person (ADAM)
Romans 5:19 For as by one man’s disobedience (Adam), many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one (Jesus) shall many be made righteous.
Romans 6:4 : Like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
THE RESURRECTION IS GOOD NEWS FOR US FOR IF THERE HAD BEEN NO RESURRECTION WHERE WOULD BE TODAY?
- There would be no reason to acknowledge the birth of Jesus
- No reason to come to church on Sunday
- Some may say, “So what if Jesus is alive.”
- Others may say, “what if the disciples were hallucinating.”
- Or, the disciples stole the body of Jesus
- Or his appearances were just a mistaken identity
- Or how can something that happened 2000 year ago apply to my life
Paul faced this same disbelief at the church of Corinth
- The Greeks did not believe that people’s body would be resurrected after death
- And this belief had somehow invaded the church
- Because of the Greek culture
1 Corinthians 15:12-19: Now, if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ, not risen:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up if so be that the dead rise not.16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
IF JESUS DID NOT RISE FROM THE DEAD:
- Our witness of God is false
- We are wasting our time
- If the dead rise not, then Christ is not raised
- And we are yet in our sins
- Doomed for an eternity separated from God
- Because He was raised from the dead, we shall be also
- Because He lives now and forever, we can also
- We can also be sure that our sins are forgiven
- Jesus lives and ever makes intercession for us before the throne of God
PAUL GOES ONTO SAY IN:
1 Corinthians 15:20: 20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept.21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
THROUGH THE POWER OF RESURRECTION OF JESUS OUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN, AND THE POWER OF SIN IS BROKEN OVER OUR LIVES
- There may be some listening today that want a brand-new start in life. Jesus can do that for you today.
Colossians 2:13-14: And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
- Our failures, problems, bad decisions, mistakes, all the tortures of bad memories were nailed to the cross.
- The death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus is about having or past, future, and present sins forgiven and washed away with His precious blood
SIN HAS LOST ITS POWER AND DOMINION OVER TO US
Rom 6:14-15 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law but under grace.15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law but under grace? God forbid.
Make Jesus not only Saviour, but LORD of your life in Jesus Name-Amen
Give your heart to Jesus today by saying this prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Please forgive me. Come into my heart and life. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Please, help me to live for you and tell others about you for the rest of this life. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.