Mark 4:18-20: 18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.
Addictions have underlying roots.
For example: An addiction can be birthed from an “Underlying Issue” of emotional pain
• A Christian parent has a child with medical issues and the child fails to bounce back and prayers seem to produce no results.
• The Christian parent gives up on God and prayer
• In their pain they reached for pain killers and alcohol
• To numb the pain
A Human being goes to great lengths to avoid physical, emotional and spiritual pain
• Drugs Alcohol, Caffiene Porn, Sex, materialism and entertainment, people, Christian leaders, sugar, food… many more
WE KNOW THROUGH THE WORD THESE THINGS CANNOT SATISFY
Ecc 6:7: All the labour of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
Prov 20:1: Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
BUT WE TALKED THE WHOLE BODY WHICH INCLUDES THE BODY AND THE SOUL
1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
• Jesus wants to sanctify us WHOLLY and HOLY
DELIVERANCE IS NOT FOR THE UNBELIEVER
• What good would it do to cast demons from an unbeliever?
o Unless they were planning to accept Christ
• Unbelievers cannot maintain their deliverance
According to Luke 11:24-26 : When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.25 And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.26 Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.
John 5:14: Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
• Unbelievers have no defense at all
• Believers have the Things of God and of the Spirit as a defense
1 Cor. 3:16: Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
Give your heart to Jesus today by saying this prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Please forgive me. Come into my life. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Please, help me to live for you the rest of this life. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray.