Matthew 5:5: BLESSED ARE THE MEEK FOR THEY SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH
WHAT IS MEEKNESS
- It sounds like weakness.
- But meekness is Power under control
MEEKNESS: MEANS NOT EASILY PROVOKED. SUFFERS INJURIES AND HURTS WITHOUT A DESIRE FOR REVENGE.
EXAMPLE OF MEEKNESS: BACK IN THE DAY, A WILD STALLION BROUGHT DOWN FROM THE MOUNTAINS, HAD TO BE BROKEN
THE HORSE HAD TO BE BROKEN OR “MEEKED” TO READY FOR A RIDER.
- SOME WERE USED FOR PULLING WAGONS
- SOME WERE USED IN RACES
BUT THE BEST HORSES WERE RETAINED FOR WARFARE
THESE HORSES COULD
- RESPOND TO THE SLIGHTEST NUDGE OF THE RIDER
- GALLOP AT 35 MILES AN HOUR AND STOP AT THE SLIGHTEST WORD
- WERE NOT FRIGHTENED BY ARROWS, SPEARS, OR TORCHES
THESE MEEKED HORSES WERE POWER UNDER CONTROL
TO BE MEEKED WAS TO BE TAKEN FROM A STATE OF WILD REBELLION
• AND BROUGHT TO LOYALTY AND DEPENDENT UPON, ONE’S MASTER
JESUS HAS HAD TO GET A HOLD OF SOME OF US WILD STALLIONS
• HE Took us from wild rebellion
• And wants us to be completely loyal
• And dependent on Him
• Change us our attitudes
• So we can be used by Him
MEEKNESS IS ALSO CONNECTED TO RESTORATION
When something is restored: “restore” as to bring back to or put back something to a former or original state
MEEKNESS IS CONSIDERING OTHER ABOVE OURSELVES
- So many sitting on pews across the world
- Right in the Body of Christ
- Need restoring
- WE NEED MORE MEEKNESS IN THE PEWS
- OF CHURCH OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST
Galatians 6:1: Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
JESUS restored us to God through His Meekness
- should gently restore someone who is in sin
- considering thyself
- anyone one of us can fall into sin
- says ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness;
MEEKNESS LETS GOD HANDLE THINGS/ TAKES ITS HANDS OFF OF THE SITUATION
Psalm 46:10. Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
• Jesus can fix it, while we make things worse
Psalms 147:6 The LORD lifteth up the meek: he casteth the wicked down to the ground.
MEEKNESS CAUSES US TO BE TEACHABLE AND OPEN TO CORRECTION
Ps 25: 9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way
Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
JESUS OUR PERFECT EXAMPLE OF MEEKNESS
Is 53:7: He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep, before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth
Give your heart to Jesus today by saying this prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Please forgive me. Come into my life. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Please, help me to live for you the rest of this life. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray.