LOVE /HATE is not a Christ-like relationship
• We may have grown up in homes where love-hate existed
James 3:11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
• Sweet water and bitter water cannot come out of the same fountain.
• Our words and actions matter in a relationship
1 Peter 3:9: Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
• Can we sometimes just not say anything back and just pray
• Tough exercise: WE NEED TO MASTER
• The LORD WILL GROW US
When we feel rejected in a relationship is when the enemy attacks (rejection-rejects back)
• Spirits will start to activate the flesh (anger, bitterness, rejection, hate, anger, murder just to name a few)
• These spirits attack our mind and flesh
• Causes us to spew out vengeful and hateful words
• Maybe deep down we don’t mean them
John 6:63-70 Jesus said: It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
• Some words cut
• Then some words heal
Proverbs 12:18 There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health.
When we speak these words: Are we sorry for them?
• Do we just leave them in the air
• For the enemy to use them.
• Do we feel justified
• They spiritually hurt the speak and the hearer
• WORDS MATTER
WE CAN TELL WHAT IS IN OUR HEART BY WHAT COMES OUT OF OUR MOUTHS
Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good, and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart, his mouth speaketh.
• Essential to put that BIBLE in your heart
• When we have no control over the words (Could be spiritual matter)
Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Give your heart to Jesus today by saying this prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Please forgive me. Come into my life. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Please, help me to live for you the rest of this life. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray.