Psalm 119:9: Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy Word.”
Psalm 119:10: With my whole heart have I sought thee. O let me not wander from thy commandments
“WITH MY WHOLE HEART I HAVE SOUGHT THEE.”
- How many of us can genuinely pray this back to the Lord?
- We have not arrived yet
- We are pressing forward to the mark:
Philippians 3:14: I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
THE PSALMIST SAID: “WITH MY WHOLE HEART I HAVE SOUGHT THEE”
GIVE OUR WHOLE HEART TO THE LORD
In Loving Him
Deut 6:5: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with thy soul, and with all thy might
In Obeying Him and His Word
Psalm 119:2: Blessed are they that keep his testimonies and that seek him with the whole heart
• Develop that Thirst and Hunger for His Word
In trusting the Lord
Pr 3:5: Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding.
• We don’t know what is best for us
• Don’t trust in the Power of Self, self-confidence, self-esteem, etc
Give Him your whole heart in Prayer
Je 29:13: And ye shall seek me, and find me when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
• Promise of God
• Lay down the time wasters
• Pick up a ministry of Prayer
In Repentance when you need too
Jl 2:12: Therefore, also now, saith the Lord, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping and with mourning:
Psalm 119:11: Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
WHAT ARE WE PUTTING IN OUR INNERMOST BEING? THAT PART OF US THAT WE CANNOT SEE.
Hebrew 4:12: For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
• The Word of God is living
• The Word has power or creative energy
• The Word admonishes (warns and reprimands) us
• The Word of God only source that can divide the soul and spirit
Down in Psalm 119 vs. 15-16: I will meditate in thy precepts (instructions), and have respect unto thy ways. 16 I will delight myself in thy statures: I WILL NOT FORGET THY WORD.
Meditate on the Word- Meditate is to think deeply or carefully concerning the Word
• Spend some time.
• Let our time with the Word be rich – not scarce
• Get to know the ways and mind of the Lord
Give your heart to Jesus today by saying this prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Please forgive me. Come into my life. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Please, help me to live for you the rest of this life. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray.