There is a hole in the middle of our hearts until we find Jesus!
Only Jesus can quench our thirst and hunger!
Matt 5:6: Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied
- Righteousness is right standing with God.
- In a right relationship with Him
- Wanting to do it God’s way
- Trusting in His Power and Strength
ITS NOT OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS
THE BIBLE ALSO TELLS US THAT THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO TO EARN OUR WAY TO HEAVEN BECAUSE WE’VE ALL SINNED !
Romans 3:10: As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.
EVERYDAY YOU’LL WAKE UP HUNGRY AND THIRSTY,
• What do we chase after daily?
• Seek ye first the Kingdom of God – And all these things shall be added unto you
• Examine our own selves
HOW DO YOU TRY TO QUENCH YOUR SPIRITUAL THIRST?
Jesus told the woman at the well that those that drink that “physical water’ will thirst again.
John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst, but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
• Jesus, is the thirst quencher
• We may seek to fill the dry place
• our thirst for knowledge, power, pleasure
• Or with other gods like relationships, eating, shopping, alcohol, drugs, sex, careers, or possessions.
o Along with these gods bring:
o Addictions, perversions, debt, stress
o Leave us parched and dry
• All these only satisfy temporarily
• Temporarily can turn into years
JESUS CAN DO IT. JESUS CAN FIX IT
2 Corinthians 5:21: For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin so that in him we might become the righteousness of God
• He, and He alone, can fulfill that desire in our hearts for righteousness
2 Corinthians 5:15: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
2 Corinthians 5:21: For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Psalm 73:25: Whom have I in heaven? And there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.
Isa 26:9: With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgements are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.
Give your heart to Jesus today by saying this prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Please forgive me. Come into my life. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Please, help me to live for you the rest of this life. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray.