A soul tie is defined as the “knitting together” of two souls to form a spiritual bond.
EXAMPLES OF A GODLY OR HEALTHY SOUL TIE?
GODLY SOUL TIES IN FRIENDSHIPS AND RELATIONSHIPS
1 Samuel 18:1: And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.
• David and Jonathan’s friendship was based on a commitment to God, not just each other
• Even though all the turmoil David experienced with Jonathan’s dad Saul
• When Jonathan found out David would be the next king
o There was no jealousy
• Jonathan was next in line to be king
• But Saul disobeyed the prophet, Samuel, on two separate occasions
• “God rejected Saul as king” and chose David 1 Sam 13:11-14 and 1 Sam 15:10-23
• Saul’s family was cursed, and Jonathan would never be king ( even though Jonathan showed more courage and leadership in battle than his dad Saul)
Another scripture concerning Godly Friendships and Relationships
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10: Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.10 For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
THE BONDING OR “KNITTING TOGETHER” AS THE BODY OF CHRIST (CHURCH FAMILY)
1 Corinthians 6:17: But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
• When we accept Jesus as our Lord, we are joined to Him
• We are set apart to be used for His purposes
Colossians 2:19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
• This scripture says, “And not holding the Head.”
• We as the Body of Christ cannot operate separately from the Head
• The Head of the church is Jesus Christ
• We must depend on the Lord to lead and direct us
Ephesians 4:16: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
• “The whole body fitly joined together.”
• Every member of the Body of Christ has a place and function
• No one is insignificant
• Even the humblest person is necessary
Acts 4:32: And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own, but they had all things common.
• We are a congregation of one heart and one soul
• Under the Lord Jesus Christ
• There is power in unity and one accord
Deuteronomy 32:30: How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the Lord had shut them up?
EXAMPLES OF A UNGODLY OR UNHEALTHY SOUL TIE?
UNGODLY SOUL TIE IS RELATIONSHIPS WITH WRONG FRIENDS
1 Cor 15:33: Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
Be careful who you call your friends
• This doesn’t mean we don’t communicate or be friendly with unbelievers
• Just have your guard up and not be influenced by their actions
• Whether online or in-person
• We should always encourage them towards the Lord
UNGODLY SOUL TIES OF FALSE BELIEFS AND TEACHINGS
Paul said in Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
I have said it many times: be careful of what you let into your inner man
• What we put into our soul and spirit affects us
• Be careful what you listen to and watch
• Some things we listen to can arouse hate and anger in us
o This is true with politics and perverted Christian doctrine
o Religion and politics can bring a trap
• Before we realize we will have a watered-down discernment
• And begin to walk in unbelief
The Devil will always attack the truth but using part truth and part lie
We did a sermon on Conspiracy theories as being part truth
• That “part truth” is the magnet that sucks in the innocent
• So a part truth is still a lie
• Always be discerning lest you start walking in spiritual blindness
2 Peter 2:1-2 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
Father in heaven,
Thank you for sending your Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for the forgiveness of my sin. Lord Jesus, please forgive me of all of my sins, come into my heart, and be my Lord and Savior. Please, help me to live for you and fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.