Isaiah 46:9-10: Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.
WHEN WE BECOME CHRISTIANS, WE HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO GIVE GOD CONTROL OF OUR LIVES
Meriam Webster’s Collegiate defines a CONTROL FREAK as a person whose behavior indicates a powerful need to control people or circumstances in everyday matters.
- We human beings love to have control over the things we say and do
- Sometimes Human being love to have control over situations, and people
- Human beings want to have a plan
- This control can be in varying degrees
- It is stronger in some than in others
SOME OF US MAY HAVE BEEN TOLD WHEN WE WERE GROWING UP:
- You can do anything you set your mind to
- Do what makes you happy
- You are in control of your life
- Follow your heart
BUT IN LIFE, WE KNOW THAT THERE ARE DISAPPOINTMENTS
- We strive to do the right thing
- Sometimes things don’t go the way we planned
- Or our life may not have turned out like we thought it would
- Human beings are constantly striving for perfection
STRIVING MEANS TO: MAKE GREAT EFFORTS TO ACHIEVE OR OBTAIN SOMETHING
- Our desires and plans should include the Lord
- We learn to trust the Lord
- Through life’s Battles, victories, and ups and downs
- Jesus will fix it for us
WE ARE CONSTANTLY LEARNING TO TRUST IN GOD (LEARNING TO LEAN ON JESUS)
Psalm 46:10- Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
- It is difficult to let go and let God
OUR PLANS OR DESIRES SHOULD BECOME GOD’S PLANS AND DESIRES WHEN WE BECOME CHRISTIAN
WE MUST LEARN HOW TO LET THAT GO
Luke 9:23: And he said to them all, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
- A control freak has a hard time denying themselves
- They must know what is going to happen in the future
- They must control the situation
- The Lord wants to change that through His Word
- He wants us to learn His ways
He said: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD -in Isa 55:8
GOD IS FOR US IN THE SPIRITUAL BATTLES THAT WE FIGHT
HE SAID HE WOULD FIGHT FOR US.
- God fighting for us is hard for control freaks to fathom
- because of not being in control of the situation
Exodus 14:13-14: 13 And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will shew to you today: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen today, ye shall see them again no more forever.14 The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.
- Fear arises because of a lack of faith.
- When Peter walked on water, He had to keep His eyes on Jesus
- But when He looked at the storm going on, He lost faith in Jesus
- Fear Gets in the way of faith
- Fear comes when we are not in control of something or a situation
- We should not place our trust in our fears
- Peter was walking on the water cause of his faith in Jesus
- Matthew 8:26: Jesus said, Why are ye so fearful, O ye of little faith?
- Fear enters into our Battles in life when we lack faith
BECAUSE WE ARE NOT IN CONTROL DOESN’T MEAN WE DON’T HAVE A PART IN THE FIGHT.
OUR PART IN THE BATTLE IS TO KEEP OUR EYES ON JESUS
- Release the control to God
- Stay in the Word
- Stay in praise
- Stay in prayer
- Stay living a life that is a testimony to the Lord
- Do all that you know to do
- Rest in the Lord
- Your faith will grow day by day
WE ALSO NEED TO REPLACE FEAR WITH THE THINGS OF GOD
FEAR IS A SPIRIT AND NOT FROM GOD. THE DEVIL SENDS FEAR TO TORMENT US
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
- Fear comes to steal our power, love, and soundness of mind
- We must learn to bind the spirit of fear
- And loose power, love, and a sound mind
- That is how we handle it spiritually
God is in Control
God’s Thoughts are not our thoughts!
The Lord will go before us!
God is our strength!
The Lord will lead and guide us!
God is the protector of His people!
God gives us that peace the passes all human understanding!
Jesus gives us perfect peace!
Wait on God’s timing!
Seek to walk in God-like faith!
Give your heart to Jesus today by saying this prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Please forgive me. Come into my heart and life. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Please, help me to live for you and tell others about you for the rest of this life. Please fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.