JESUS LOOKS UPON THE THOUGHTS AND INTENT OF OUR HEARTS
Matthew 15:8: This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
- Jesus doesn’t care about the traditions of men
- He is looking at our hearts
- We can say one thing with our mouths
- But the Lord looks at our hearts
WHAT IS IN OUR HEARTS WILL COME OUT OF OUR MOUTHS AND IN OUR ACTIONS
- Repentance and Change is important
- WE CAN’T FOOL GOD
- Not only repenting but allowing the Lord to change us
- Allow the Holy Spirit
Are we prepared to allow the Holy Spirit to strip away the grunge and coated on the mess in our hearts?
Are you tired of comparing yourself with others of the faith because they seem to have it all together, and you’re just pretending?
- Jesus still looking at the same heart we gave HIM
- Give Him our full affections
PREPARE TO MEET THE LORD
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 1 John 2:15
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:58
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Hebrews 12:14
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2
WE ARE CLAY IN THE POTTER’S HAND: JESUS IS THE POTTER WE ARE THE CLAY
2 Corinthians 4: 7-12 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.11 For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus’ sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.12 So then death worketh in us, but life in you.
- The Bible shows God took the dust of the earth and breath life
- He breathes His life in when we became born again
- Its Jesus in us. He shines through us (AS WE ALLOW HIM)
- His Light should shine through us
OUR TREASURES SHOULD BE STORED IN HEAVEN SCRIPTURES
- Treasures are not necessarily evil in themselves.
- What Jesus was warning against is the improper value that we place on the treasures.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF SOMETHING HAS BECOME A TREASURE?
- If you don’t think you can live without it, it might be a treasure!
- If it brings you great pleasure and satisfaction, above everything else, it might be a treasure!
- You might give up other things, but not on that thing that you treasure
IF IT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYTHING ELSE, IT IS A TREASURE!
Matthew 6:19 – Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
1 Timothy 6:17-19 – Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
Psalms 119:11 – Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Give your heart to Jesus today by saying this prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Please forgive me. Come into my life. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Now, help me to live for you the rest of this life. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray.