Christians and Non-Christians alike may be questioning God
Some of the questions may be:
• Why allow this plague – this pestilence
• Does it reflect the judgement, God
• why are those who love and worship God among the sick
• Are you really in control-Lord?
BUT THE BIBLE SHOWS THAT IT IS OK TO QUESTION GOD
May seem as though God is hiding:
Psalm 10:1 Why standest thou afar off, O Lord? why hidest thou thyself in times of trouble?
Psalm 13:1 How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord? Forever? How long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
BUT GOD IS IN CONTROL. DEPEND ON HIM GET CLOSE TO HIM
Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts; neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
SOMETIMES WE MAY NOT UNDERSTAND GOD.
Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
James 1:2-4: My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers’ temptations;3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
YES THERE MAY BE OTHER TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS THAT WE MAY FACE IN THIS LIFE
CAN WE BE LIKE JOB IN THE FACE OF SUFFERING AND TRIBULATIONS LIKE JOB
James 5:11: Behold, we count them happy, which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful and of tender mercy.
• Job is a good example of suffering trials and tribulations
Job chapters 1-3 Job loses:
• His wealth-
• His family (except his wife) and she was telling him “curse God and Die” Job 2:9
• Also, Job 1:11: Satan said to God: But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
• He also lost his health
• But God protected Job’s life (Satan was not allowed to touch his life Job 2:6)
In Job chapters 4-31
We read Job’s defense
- Job debates with the three friends
- And their false accusations
- The friends accused him of being a hypocrite
- Said, “there must have been some great sin in Job’s life, or God would not have permitted this suffering.”
- Job 2:3 shows the friends were wrong
Job 42:7 God rebuked the friends for telling lies about Job
In Job chapters 38-42: Presents Job’s Deliverance
• Job is Humbled
• Then God honors Job by giving him twice as much as he had before
Give your heart to Jesus today by saying this prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Please forgive me. Come into my life. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Please, help me to live for you the rest of this life. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray.