Words have a huge impact on people’s lives, for better or worse, and are a reliable predictor of character.
God’s plan for humanity has included marriage from the outset, and it is the cornerstone of the family, which serves as society’s primary social unit. The couple as well as the community benefit when marriage thrives.
What is an Unbeliever
Anyone who is unwilling to believe and trust in God, especially as He has been made known in the person of Jesus Christ the only begotten son of the Father God.
A broken heart or spirit may be caused by rejection, abuse, betrayal, tragic circumstances, or by God’s judgment.
Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.
Stability – being firm and unwavering in all things, whether mental, spiritual, or emotional. Stability is an important element in our walk as Christian.
1 Chronicles 16:30 Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.
These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also. Paul and Silas in Acts 17:6
HOW DID THE EARLY DISCIPLES TURN THE WORLD UPSIDE DOWN FOR JESUS?
- Through the Power of the Holy Spirit given at the day of Pentecost
- The Apostle Paul knew it was not through good grammar or human wisdom
1 Corinthians 2:1-5: And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.2 For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ and him crucified.3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
- Was not Paul’s fancy preaching or entertaining humor
- Or Paul’s abilities
- Only through the Power of God
- Same with us: Know the Word and be yourself
Paul knew he had weaknesses
- Vs. 3 He said, “I was with you in weakness and with much trembling.”
- Paul knew his physical weaknesses
- Paul needed the Lord to work through Him
- Just like we do!
- Vs.4-5 Paul acknowledged the Holy Spirit’s ability rather than his own
1 Cor 2: 4-5 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
- The Holy Spirit is the one that convicts, convinces, and converts the sinner
- Paul’s job was to proclaim, and the Holy Spirit persuaded
- That is how it works for us (we can’t force anyone to do anything)
THE EARLY CHURCH TURNED THE WORLD UPSIDE DOWN BY PRAYING
- The early church’s response to every problem encountered was prayer
- If we want to turn the world upside down for Jesus
- The Body of Christ has got to start taking personal prayer and the prayer meeting of believers seriously
- The Lord responds to the prayers of His people
Thank you for sending your Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for the forgiveness of my sin. Lord Jesus, please forgive me of all of my sins, come into my heart, and be my Lord and Savior. Please, help me to live for you and fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.
The Holy Spirit’s work can be resisted through unbelief and disobedience.
Isaiah 53:3-6:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
James 4:2: Ye lust (desire), and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.