Christianity is a supernatural faith and we should not use the wisdom of this world to explain supernatural things.
1. We must compare spiritual with spiritual
2. And know that our war is in the spiritual realm
3. Yes Jesus completed the work on Calvary
4. But we still have the master deceiver who is the Devil to deal with
5. We cannot lay our weapons down
Christians are in a battle. Paul told Timothy to “fight” the good fight of faith.
1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
1. Must be strong to fight
2. Strength comes from the Word of God and prayer
3. This is on an individual basis
4. We should not depend on a teacher or Pastor to fend for us
Some people don’t believe what they can’t see but there is a spiritual realm to deal with and we should seek the Lord to be led by the Spirit.
Colossians 1:16 gives us insight into the spiritual realm saying, “For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him.” Angels such a Michael and Gabriel are the highest rank of angel being arch angels and having “thrones.” Other angels are identified as cherubim and seraphim having “dominions.” Further there are “principalities” which would be the angels in positions over other lesser angels. The “powers” would be the rank and file worker or “ministering” angels.
a. The created cannot be more powerful than the creator
b. We must learn this in supernatural spiritual warfare