Christianity is a supernatural faith and we should not use the wisdom of this world to explain supernatural things.
1. We must compare spiritual with spiritual
2. And know that our war is in the spiritual realm
3. Yes Jesus completed the work on Calvary
4. But we still have the master deceiver who is the Devil to deal with
5. We cannot lay our weapons down
Christians are in a battle. Paul told Timothy to “fight” the good fight of faith.
1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
1. Must be strong to fight
2. Strength comes from the Word of God and prayer
3. This is on an individual basis
4. We should not depend on a teacher or Pastor to fend for us
Some people don’t believe what they can’t see but there is a spiritual realm to deal with and we should seek the Lord to be led by the Spirit.
Colossians 1:16 gives us insight into the spiritual realm saying, “For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him.” Angels such a Michael and Gabriel are the highest rank of angel being arch angels and having “thrones.” Other angels are identified as cherubim and seraphim having “dominions.” Further there are “principalities” which would be the angels in positions over other lesser angels. The “powers” would be the rank and file worker or “ministering” angels.
a. The created cannot be more powerful than the creator
b. We must learn this in supernatural spiritual warfare
Through the Word of God we can develop spirit eyes to see
- Quite naturally before a person is saved, they are deceived
- But people that are so-called saved can be deceived or walk in deception
- Especially if there is sin in their lives
- Sin can become a point of destruction to the life of a Christian
- Sin can lead a Christian away from Christ into great deception
- Sin can kill a person’s prayer life
- Have them to grow cold toward even wanting to pray
- We should not just sit up under the Word of God in church and not react to the Word. we must do the word
- Deception will also come if we walk around thinking that we are more than we are: The Bible says in Gal 6:3: For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
- Deception will also come when a person tries to use the wisdom of this world to explain supernatural things 1 Corintians 3:18: Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
- We should not put on an act that we are religious because sometimes what we say and how we act will show different
- Bible talks also about a tongue that is not tamed
- James 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man’s religion [is] vain.
- We also must realize that when we come in contact with sin that the sin will have an effect on us.
- That is why a Christian cannot just go and do what they want and say they will not be under demonic unfluence
- That is insanity to think that way
- That is playing games with God and with yourself
- If a person walks and flirts on the devils dominion they will be destroyed eventually by the powers of darkness
The Devil will always create a deception concerning the things of God
Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
2 Cor 11:3, 13,14,15: 3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 13For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
- We have to know the true Jesus to enter into true spiritual battle or we will be defeated
The New Testament does describe the war which exists between the Kingdom of God and the kingdom of Satan
- Humanity is involved in this struggle
- Evil or unclean spirits are mentioned 28 times in the gospels
- The angels of God are mentioned in
- Matthew 25:31: When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
- Luke 12:8 : Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:
- Luke 15:10: Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
- John 1:51: And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.
- The angels of Satan are mentioned in
- Matthew 25:41: Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
- 2 Corinthians 12:7: And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
The Bible calls Satan an adversary.. that means that he is our enemy
- He fights against us as Christians
- So we cannot afford to NOT enter into the battle
- Lest we are deceived
- 1Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
But Jesus entered the world and gave us the victory
- I Corinthians 15:57: says we have the victory through Jesus Christ our Lord
- Jesus put an end to all the powers of the devil
- Colossians 2:15: [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
- The Bible also shows the defeat of Satan in Mark 5 and Luke 8
- At the Word of Jesus the power of demons was defeated
- With the account of the Gadarene Demoniac
The Church of the Lord Jesus Christ must give Jesus and the Holy Spirit the rightful place in the church
- Whether we are fighting in the spirit realm for a person that is under demonic influence
- Or fighting in the heavenlies for a territory
- The warfare can be equally intense
Concerning fighting the spirit realm over a person that is under demonic influence:
- There are some symptoms that can be looked for these may considered extreme cases however, they can appear in other not so extreme cases
- Just have to be close to the Lord and sensitive to the Holy Spirit
Alteration of voice :when a person is under the attack of a demon a voice will actually speak out of the person
- In a woman this could be the voice of a man
- This can happen very strongly as you continue to resist the spirit and keep speaking the name of Jesus
- Clairvoyance: This is knowing information in the spirit realm before the occurrence of an event or situation
- This information is given not through the power of the Holy Spirit
- Nor can it be considered accurate because demons cannot know the future
- But they have watched human beings from the beginning since Adam and Eve
- Been cases of where the demons will speak in a foreign tongue or language
- Sometimes demons will speak in a false tongue that resembles the speaking in other tongues of the Holy Spirit
- Transference of Spirits
- This is where a spirit may leave one person and go into another
- This can happen when a person dies
- Or even during an deliverance session (deliverance minister and people assisting should always be under the protection of the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ)
- These are just a couple of examples
- If you do not understand these things right now.. please pray and ask the Lord to reveal His Word by the Spirit
We can see a complete picture of spiritual warfare in the heavenlies in the book of Daniel
- In Daniel Chapter 10 Daniel has a great vision that shows the center of Spiritual Warfare
- Dan 10:2: In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks(3) I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.
- In vs 3 Daniel was what the Bible calls fasting
- He had to get the flesh under subjection so that he could get into the spirit with the Lord
- This was not to move the hand of God
- This was for his own flesh
(verse 4) And in the four and twentieth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, which is Hiddekel. (5) Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in lined, whose loins were girded with fine gold Uphaz: (6) His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.
- While Daniel was fasting God gave him this glorious vision of an heavenly messenger
- This was for a reason
- this heavenly messenger was to give her a message
- 5 the word says
Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:
- Daniel saw this vision
- But the Bible says in vs 7:
(vs7) And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me saw not the vision; but a great quaking fell upon them. So that they fled to hide themselves.
(vs8) Therefore I was left alone: and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength.
- This was a spiritual thing that happened to Daniel
- These types of supernatural occurrences can and do happen to people in today’s time.
- Those listening that are Christians can walk in this type of closeness with the Lord
- And He will begin to show you deep spiritual things.
(vs11) And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling. (vs12) Then said he unto me, Fear not Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, they words were heard and I am come for thy words.
Please seek the Lord whenever you are going on a fast to ensure that the fast is done properly. Jesus loves you and stay close to Him.
Powered By EmbedPress Compassion is an attitude grounded in Christian love for others should reflect God’s own love for his people. Compassion is an essential
There are acceptable and unacceptable reasons for human anger. Scripture warns of the destructive power of anger and advises moderation. Reasons for human anger Jealousy
Due to original sin, being spiritually dead and lacking a relationship with God results in wrath and judgment. The only solution is the sovereign grace