Unity in Jesus
AND IN JOHN CHAPTER 17: VS 11 AND VS 20-23
• VS 11 JESUS PRAYED THAT WE WOULD BE ONE JUST AS HE AND THE FATHER ARE ONE
John 17:11: And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
• Christians may belong to different fellowships,
• but we all belong to the Lord
• and to each other.
John 17:20-23: Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
- Jesus was also praying for ones that would become Christians
- Jesus is praying that His people experience a spiritual unity
- that is like the oneness of the Father and the Son.
- Jesus wants His Church to increase and grow
- That those that come into the faith can also be one in Christ
Vs. 23: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
- It is all about Jesus
- How is the World going to know that Jesus is real
- What the lost world can see in a Christian is what they will believe about God.
- The gift of God through Jesus Christ is for “Whosoever will”
Revelation 22:17: And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will let him take the water of life freely.
- Whosoever will accept that Blood Sacrifice of Jesus Christ belongs the Jesus
THE APOSTLE PAUL INSPIRES BELIEVERS WORK “TOGETHER”
Eph 2:5–6, &vs 22.: Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: vs. 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
THE UNITY OF THE BODY OF CHRIST IN
Eph 4:4–6: There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
- We are encouraged to be united in our faith.
- So if we are of the Faith of God
- No matter where we go on this earth
- If that fellowship is of the faith, we won’t be outcast
- It should not matter what race, nationality, or how you look
- We are accepted in the beloved of God
THE WORK OF THE CHURCH IS TO MAKE DISCIPLES
Remember Jesus said in John 17:20-21: Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
- How a person looks on the outside does not matter
- What race or nationality they are
- What language they speak
- How good or how bad they are
THEY ARE CANDIDATES TO RECEIVE THE GIFT OF SALVATION
JESUS IS COMING BACK FOR A BRIDE WHO IS WITHOUT SPOT OR WRINKLE.
- The fact that men will be in that number
- Shows that this will not be an earthly Bride
- We are talking about a Heavenly supernatural Bride
- Consisting of men, women, and children
- All types, shapes, sizes, and colors
ALL PEOPLE NO MATTER WHAT THEIR STATUS IN LIFE ARE EQUAL IN GOD’S EYES
LOVE: THE SUPREME COMMAND OF BELIEVERS IS TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
- We are to love one another just as Jesus has loved us
“A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples if ye have love one to another”Jn.13:34-35.
“This is my commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you” Jn.15:12.
Jesus loves us all today.
If you feel the Lord tugging at your heart: or you once knew the Lord and went away from HIM. Just say this prayer, Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Please forgive me of all my sins and come into my heart and life. I give you my body, soul, and spirit. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Please, help me to live for you the rest of this life. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.