This video is part 2 of the Salvation-Steps to Deliverance. You will be a New Creation in Christ Jesus. You will be Born Again and filled with the Holy Spirit of God through the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Saved by His Grace and Mercy-Amen!
Archives for March 2010
Salvation is the first step to deliverance. Without committing your life to Christ here on this earth there is no chance that you will enjoy eternity with Jesus or blessings here on this earth. Give your heart to Jesus today!
Those that have been redeemed by the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ and are saved by His Grace, have been given authority in Jesus Christ and to use His name. Jesus gave his disciples this authority when He walked the earth and all believers. This authority is for casting out demons,healing the sick and to preach (Matt 10:1, Mark 16:17-18). Jesus said: “And these signs will follow them that believe”. This authority operates because of the work that Jesus has already completed. We can look at a few scriptures in which Jesus gives this authority:
- Luke 10:17, “And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.”
- Mark 16:17, “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils…”
- Acts 3:6, “…Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.”
We must consider this an honor to be able to use the name of Jesus! This is the most powerful name in the universe and His name is above every name.
Examples of Jesus’ Authority
Jesus exercised authority that was unique from anyone else throughout all time!
- Jesus cast out demons with the power of His Word: Matt 8:16: “When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word…”
- We see Jesus casting out demons using His Authority in Mark 1:27:”And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.”
How demons can affect a believer? When casting out demons we must have an idea on the ways that demons can affect a believer as well as a non-believer. The following are ways the demons can affect a believer:
Thought life: A believer must learn how to protect the mind. The enemy’s number one area of attack is the the mind. The demons will put negative or even perverse thoughts on your mind to make you believe that they are your thoughts. Do not accept these thoughts. Learn to Bind the thoughts in the name of Jesus. The Word of God in Matthew 18:18 says whatsoever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatsoever you shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. This technique must be practiced to become perfected. The demons know who has authority and who does not. You must be built up on your most holy faith by devouring the Word of God on a daily basis.
The tongue (words that we speak). In the book of James the Word of God says that the tongue is a fire a world of iniquity and cannot be tamed by man. The words that we speak are so very important. Jesus even said that we shall give account for every idle word that we speak. The words that we speak can and will attract demons to us. For instance, if we constantly are saying “I feel sick or I have a headache”, the demons will pick up on those words and come to enforce them on us. The realization to the believer is that words are a medium of prayer and victory, however, they can also be a medium of defeat to the believer. The believer must learn to put a guard on the mouth concerning the words that are spoken.
Throughout a deliverance meeting/session and before the meeting the person receiving deliverance must be honest with the person that is performing the ministry of casting out demons. The Holy Spirit will be working with the person receiving and the person performing the ministry. The honesty will cause the demons to become weak in their stronghold over the person receiving ministry. One of the legal grounds of a demon is for the person to walk in agreement with the spirit that is being called out. Be completely open with the person performing the deliverance so that your deliverance can be smooth, complete and performed quickly.
If you experience pain in your body while receiving deliverance you should quickly advise the minister so that this can be dealt with in the spirit realms. This pain could indicate that a spirit is active and manifesting in your body. Some other feelings and manifestations could include but not limited to:
- wild emotions
Matthew 16:19, “And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
Jesus called Binding and Loosing the keys to the kingdom. These keys should be used on a daily basis by Christians to protect themselves from the powers of darkness.These keys can also be used as an offensive weapons against the kingdom of darkness.
What is Binding?
We can view binding as sort of tying up a spirit or handcuffing in the spirit realm. For instance, we cannot bind a physical person or their will with these keys, but, we can bind the demons that are driving this person. Binding is not the casting out of demons. Casting out the demons is the actual removing the demons from the person by using the name of Jesus. Binding is tying up the spirit so that the spirit is not free to influence the person that you are praying for. Binding the spirit would be more temporary as casting out the demons would be for more long term. This spritual tool can be used in a lot of instances including the following:
- If you are preparing to go and witness about Jesus, you would use a spiritual warfare that would include Binding the enemy that would hinder and loose the Word of God to be received.
- This of binding would also work as a member of a team while another person is witnessing you would be secretly binding the spirits that would hinder
- A family member is unsaved and is living in sin, you would begin to bind anything that you see in the physical such as smoking, drinking, fornication so that the person would be free to hear about Jesus
- IF you have someone at your place of employment that is giving you a hard time, you can begin to bind the demons that are motivating that person.
There are many other scenarios where these keys can be used in your arsenal of Spiritual tools and warfare tactics. The scripture says whatsover we bind of earth shall be bound in heaven. This simply means that we are on earth right now, however if we speak the Word of God the binding will happen in the heavenly realms. Jesus has given us the authority to use these tools to use while we are on the earth. Very Powerful!